Buffalo Sabres Daily Links: Caps Lock
The Sabres open the preseason with a win.
The Buffalo Sabres opened their preseason schedule with a 4-3 overtime win over the Washington Capitals on Sunday afternoon. Dylan Cozens, Tyson Kozak and Jack Quinn scored for Buffalo in regulation, before Vinnie Hinostroza potted the game-winner 1:15 into the extra frame. The teams also went through a practice shootout - each team is allowed to do that twice in the preseason - and the Sabres won that, too.
A beaut of a pass from Pilut 🤩#LetsGoBuffalo pic.twitter.com/BID2rZtJx4— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) September 25, 2022
Buffalo Sabres Links
- Highlights from Sunday’s game [RMNB]
- Observations: Zemgus Girgensons, Rasmus Aspund candidates to play center [TBN]
- Jack Quinn sparks rally, Sabres win preseason opener in OT [TBN]
- Sabres’ playoff hopes are building behind team’s redesigned direction [The Athletic]/
- What’s in a ‘C’? NHL teams put value in having a captain [AP]
- Bleacher Report’s Way-Too-Early 2023 NHL Mock Draft [BR]
- NHL 23 player ratings: Top 20 players [Dexerto]
- NHL linesman Kory Nagy retires [Scouting the Refs]
- First NHL game in Kansas history deemed success [The Wichita Eagle]/