Sabres Links: The season has ended, the playoffs are set, and Robitaille's send off
Well it's hard to say it's been a fun one, but we got through it. The 2013-2014 season has finally come to an end, and now we move on to the off-season. With the current state of the team, this is when things could finally get interesting.
- The Sabres season came to a poetic end as Ville Leino was unable to save the team in the shootout [Sabres.com, Lighthouse Hockey]
- It was fight night in Buffalo, as three different tussles broke out. The first was John Scott vs. Justin Johnson, the second was Zenon Konopka vs. Brett Gallant, and the final being Nick Deslauriers vs. Scott Mayfield.
- Hamilton: Connor Knapp tries to prove his worth to the Sabres [WGR 550]
- Knapp discussed his first NHL start, "It was quite a moment in my life" [Buffalo Hockey Beat]
- The Sabres gave Mike Robitaille a goodbye sendoff as he goes into retirement [Sabres TV]
- The Americans lost 2-1 in a shootout to Cleveland in Mark Guggenberger's debut in net [Amerks.com]
Around The League
- The playoff matchups and schedule has been released [NHL.com]
- Daniel Sedin was stretched off yesterday after being hit from behind by Paul Byron [TSN]
- The Devils will likely give Peter DeBoer a new extension [TSN]
- Vancouver inducted Pat Quinn into their ring of honor in their final game of the year [Sportsnet]