Sabres Links: Nolan calls Sabres "pee-wee," fancy stats very negative, Gillies suspended 12 games
It's only been three games, but the Sabres aren't looking better than last season. In fact, they might be worse.
- The Sabres fell to 0-3-0 thanks to a deflating 5-1 loss to Anaheim [Sabres.com, Anaheim Calling]
- Ted Nolan called the Sabres pee-wee after loss [TSN]
- The Sabres may be even worse than last year, as seen by their fancy stats [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Gary Bettman made it official yesterday, the 2016 NHL draft will be in Buffalo [Buffalo News]
- Trevor Gillies was suspended 12 games by the AHL for slamming William Carrier's head into the ice after a fight [Post Star]
- Eric Staal will not play tonight as the Hurricanes take on the Sabres [Sportsnet]