Sabres Links: Hackett signs qualifying offer, players file for arbitration, Gretzky denies Seattle rumors
It's been a quiet holiday weekend in the NHL as things start to wind down after the high point of the NHL off-season. Steve Ott is still a free agent though, and as time passes you begin to wonder what the market for him is really like.
- Matt Hackett accepted the Sabres qualifying offer, one-year at $750k. If he doesn't impress, it could open the door for Linus Ullmark to start in Rochester after this season [Pro Hockey Talk]
Around The League
- P.K. Subban and James Reimer were among the 20 players to file for arbitration [TSN]
- Wayne Gretzky's agent denies that his client is involved in a group looking to bring the NHL to Seattle [Sportsnet]
- The Canucks signed RFA Chris Tanev to a one-year, $2 million deal [TSN]
- David Savard signed a two-year extension with the Blue Jackets [Blue Jackets Xtra]