Outlet Pass: John Chayka out in Arizona, Dougie Hamilton injured, teams arrive in the bubble and more
The NHL is scheduled to get back to playing games this week
Now that the NHL is set to begin playing games this week we can move from a weekly open thread, to a daily links posting as we should have daily hockey news to share and discuss.
- John Chayka and Arizona Coyotes parted ways in what looks like a messy dispute. There are a few links for this one:/
- Craig Morgan: [AZ Coyotes Insider]
- Elliotte Friedman update of the situation which mentions the Sabres in all of this. However, as the evening went on we discovered Buffalo was not the team eyeing Chayka [Sportsnet]
- Dougie Hamilton will be out “weeks” for the Hurricanes. A huge blow for their upcoming series against the New York Rangers [Blueshirt Banter].
- Teams started to arrive in their bubble cities to get acclimated for return to play. The Nashville Predators did something amazing for their players:/
It appears the NHL dressed up players’ hotel rooms with family photos: pic.twitter.com/jEN3c8kaH2— Adam Vingan (@AdamVingan) July 26, 2020
- Alison Lukan put together a really nice piece on the Columbus Blue Jackets penalty kill I recommend [1st Ohio Battery]
- Lastly, this is from last week, but I think a very informative and important read if you haven’t read it yet on racial bias in the NHL [Hockey Graphs]./