As NHL training camps open this week, I thought it would be appropriate to bring back these regular (ideally, daily) link posts here at Die by the Blade. These posts are intended to provide a snapshot of what’s happening around the hockey world, including across the NHL, and share other Buffalo Sabres-centric pieces you may have missed.
As a writer, I always enjoy reading other people’s work. Everyone comes into the sport with a different perspective, and no two stories will ever really be the same. As things start to kick up with training camp and preseason, there will undoubtedly be a lot going on around the league, so let these posts serve as a catch-all, a round-up and a forum for discussion.
Without further ado… let the season (and fun!) commence.
- Sabres extend GM Kevyn Adams to ‘multiyear’ extension [Sabres.com]
- Buffalo Sabres season preview [The Athletic] ($)
- Alex Tuch motivated to ‘prove himself’ [The Buffalo News]
- The Owen Power era arrives in Buffalo [ESPN]
- Kohen Olischefski “at home” in Sabres organization [Amerks.com]/
Jim Nill announced that after further review, the NHL asked for Ben Bishop to not assume his front office role with the Stars until his contract with Buffalo (LTIR) runs out. Bishop will not be around the team for the time being.
— Saad Yousuf (@SaadYousuf126) September 21, 2022
- Lingering questions for all 32 NHL teams [ESPN]
- NHL Rookie Camp standouts [The Athletic] ($)
- Keith Yandle retires as a member of the Philadelphia Flyers [Broad Street Hockey]
- NHL Fans’ Dos and Don’ts for the Preseason [Bleacher Report]
- Dear P.K.: Thanks for the Memories [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
- How Nathan MacKinnon’s new contract stacks up with NHL’s elite [Yahoo]
- Zdeno Chara changed everything [Stanley Cup of Chowder]/