Here’s an open thread for discussing all matters Buffalo Sabres and NHL related for this week. Of course, you can talk about anything else you like too.
The playoffs continue and already we’ve had some interesting results.
(1) Colorado Avalanche 4-0 (4) St Louis Blues - no real surprises there, though I did think the Blues would give the Avs more of a fight.
(2) Vegas Golden Knights 4-3 (3) Minnesota Wild - again, not unexpected.
(1) Colorado Avalanche 2-0 (2) Vegas Golden Knights - What a great series this is shaping up to be
(1) Toronto Maple Leafs 3-4 (4) Montreal Canadiens - John Tavares injury could become a critical factor with the Leafs favored to win it all before the playoffs started.
(2) Edmonton Oilers 0-4 (3) Winnipeg Jets - For all their offensive firepower and generational talents, the Oilers are still barely better than the Sabres, lol.
(3) Winnipeg Jets 0-1 (4) Montreal Canadiens - Come on, be honest, did anyone really think we’d be at this stage with both the Leafs and Oilers out? And is anyone not laughing their rear ends off?
(1) Pittsburgh Penguins 2-4 (4) New York Islanders - The seedings mean jack in our division really, and anyone can beat anyone.
(2) Washington Capitals 1-4 (3) Boston Bruins - Can’t say I’ve ever been happier than when the B’s swept human trash Tom Wilson out of the playoffs. Sorry Ovi though.
(3) Boston Bruins 2-1 (4) New York Islanders - In case Kevyn Adams needed some pointers on building a playoff worthy roster, this series is a good indication.
(1) Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 (4) Nashville Predators - If you thought the Preds were a spent force then you’ve got another thing coming. Also what was with Rod Brind’amour’s ref rant?!
(2) Florida Panthers 2-4 (3) Tampa Bay Lightning - This might be my favorite series so far, some great playoff hockey on show here.
(1) Carolina Hurricanes 0-2 (3) Tampa Bay Lightning - When will hockey fans stop writing off the defending champions?!
Feel free to add any links to developing news items as the week goes on in the comments below.