As of now, the Devils have 16 players on the NHL’s Covid protocol list. The Sabres currently have nine players and their head coach Ralph Krueger. We also were made aware that two linesmen from that game were placed on the protocol list. Thus, giving us a strong indication of on-ice transmission of the virus.
The two linesmen who worked both games of the Sabres-Devils series have entered COVID-19 protocols, The Athletic has learned.— John Vogl (@BuffaloVogl) February 8, 2021
This gives further evidence to the possibility of on-ice transmission, which the NHL said it had not definitively seen. https://t.co/PdsL9B19aP
The NHL announced today that the two games against the Washington Capitals at the end of this week are postponed. As of now, the Sabres are scheduled to return to play against the New York Islanders on Monday, February 15th.
We’ll be using the post to provide continued updates of new players that are added or removed to the NHL Covid protocol list. As well as any further schedule changes.
Here is a list of the Sabes players that are currently on the Covid list as of now:
- Rasmus Ristolainen and Taylor Hall were added to the Covid protocol list on 2/2.
- Tobias Rieder and Brandon Montour were added to the NHL’s Covid protocol list on 2/3.
- Jake McCabe was added to the NHL’s Covid protocol list on 2/4.
- Dylan Cozens and Curtis Lazar were added to the NHL Covid protocol list on 2/6.
- Casey Mittelstadt was added to the NHL Covid protocol list on 2/7.
- Rasmus Dahlin was added to the NHL Covid protocol list on 2/8.
- Taylor Hall was removed from the NHL Covid-19 protocol (2/13).
- Rasmus Dahlin was removed from the NHL Covid-19 protocol. Was only on the list due to close contact. Did not test positive, according to Dahlin himself (2/14).
- Brandon Montour and Jake McCabe removed from the Covid protocol (2/15).
- Rasmus Ristolainen, Curtis Lazar, and Dylan Cozens removed from the a Covid protocol (2/16).
- Casey Mittelstadt removed from the Covid protocol (2/17). No more players remain on the list.