We’re all about creating content that is thoughtful, engaging and relevant to the fans of the Buffalo Sabres. We do our best to be the go-to source for your Sabres insight and all things Buffalo hockey.
We’ve built a strong community of passionate readers, writers, and commenters over the years here. Our community has one of the most insightful and engaging message boards on the SB Nation NHL network.
Social media has been our main avenue to promote written content, engage with the fans, and continue to grow our community. We’ve built up over 7,400 followers on Twitter and have a Facebook page with over 3,600 likes.
While we use social media as a way to promote our content, we haven’t been able to have a lot of engagement with our followers beyond that.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking to add someone to our team that can ensure Die By The Blade becomes, even more, engaging with our followers and continues to grow our community.
What We’re Looking For
- someone to engage with our followers
- have the good judgment to stay away from hostile comments and trolls
- promote and share our articles a few times a day on Twitter and Facebook
- grow our follower/likes with original, fun and engaging content without using paid services
- interact with other SB Nation team blogs;
- communicate any feedback or questions to the site manager or editorial team that resulted from any published content
- focused on the growth of the Die By The Blade social media accounts and not using this as a platform to promote your personal brand
This is a paid position that compensates $100 USD per month.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in the position, please send your resume and a quick write up why you believe that you’re the right person for the job. Previous experience running an official social media account and good hockey knowledge is a plus.
You can send your info to diebytheblade at gmail dot com, with the subject line “Social media coordinator.”