(1) St. Cloud State University vs (4) Air Force
This game was the stunner of the day. The top seeded Huskies were eliminated from the tournament in round one by the Air Force academy. Will Borgen’s season is over and the Sabres can approach him about signing an entry-level contract. St. Cloud also has a few other undrafted free agents that could garner interest around the NHL.
(2) Providence vs (3) Clarkson
Providence scored four minutes into the game and held the lead throughout in a tight game with the Clarkson. Sabres prospect Jacob Bryson registered three shots on goal in the game. They’ll face top seed Notre Dame in the next round.
(2) Minnesota State University - Mankato vs (3) Minnesota-Duluth
Parker Mackay scored the winning goal in overtime for Minnesota-Duluth. The season is over for Minnesota State defenseman Daniel Brickley. The highly coveted free agent defenseman will start to get a lot of calls from NHL teams.
(1) Notre Dame vs (4) Michigan Tech
Tech gave the top seeded Irish a run for their money in this game. They came within inches of pulling the upset in overtime. Eventually Jordan Gross scored the game-winner late in overtime to get the Irish past Michigan Tech.
(1) Cornell vs (4) Boston University - 1 PM EST
(1) Ohio State vs (4) Princeton - 3:30 PM EST
(2) Michigan vs (3) Northeastern - 4:30 PM EST
(1) Notre Dame vs (2) Providence - 6 PM EST (Quarterfinals)
(2) Denver vs (3) Penn State - 7:30 PM EST
(3) Minnesota-Duluth vs (4) Air Force - 9 PM EST (Quarterfinals)