With the Buffalo Sabres adding to the roster during the offseason, there were going to be some new sweater numbers, and some players already in the squad made some changes as well.
- Jason Pominville gets his ‘29’ back from McCabe, who wore it while he was with the Minnesota Wild.
- Jake McCabe will take ‘19’ which he wore at the University of Wisconsin, last worn by Cal O’Reilly last season.
- Marco Scandella will wear the ‘6’, and hopefully do much much better than Mike Weber or Cody Franson.
- Benoit Pouliot takes the ‘67’, which only prospect Brady Austin has ever worn.
- Nathan Beaulieu gets the much-beloved ‘82’, only ever worn by Marcus Foligno.
- Victor Antipin goes retro with ‘93’, last worn by Doug Gilmour.
- Alex Nylander will be the first ever to wear ‘92’, and hopefully we see him up in Buffalo.
- Casey Nelson gets the ‘8’, last worn by Cody McCormick.
- Nicholas Baptiste switches to ‘13’, last seen on local boy Tim Kennedy.
- Hudson Fasching moves to the ‘24’ sweater.
- Jacob Josefson takes the ‘10’ worn by Cole Schneider last season.
- Taylor Fedun changes to ‘27’ that the luckless Derek Grant had last season.
- Justin Bailey moves to ‘95’, another first-time number.
Sabres jersey history courtesy of Hockey Reference.