Die By The Blade, the SB Nation blog covering the Buffalo Sabres, is looking for a new manager.
The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the team and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you're as big of a nerd about the Internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about the Sabres. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that Sabres fans love.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality Sabres writing / video content.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the site's Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of Die By The Blade.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for the Buffalo Sabres, the NHL and hockey.
- You're a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You're experienced with web publishing tools (or you're a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
This is a contractor position that pays a small monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.