In a press release put out late yesterday, the NHL announced that the 2017 NHL Awards™ and the NHL Expansion Draft™ will be held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on 21st June, 2017.
The ceremony will be used to reveal the starting roster for the Vegas Golden Knights as well as announce the different award winners. Nominations for the multiple awards will start getting announced today.
- Wednesday, April 19 - Selke Trophy (forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game)
- Thursday, April 20 - Calder Trophy (top rookie)
- Friday, April 21 - Norris Trophy (top defenseman)
- Saturday, April 22 - Vezina Trophy (top goaltender)
- Sunday, April 23 - Lady Byng Trophy (player best combining sportsmanship and ability)
- Monday, April 24 - Masterton Trophy (perseverance and dedication to hockey)
- Tuesday, April 25 - NHL Foundation Player Award (community service)
- Wednesday, April 26 - Jack Adams Award (top head coach)
- Thursday, April 27 - Mark Messier Leadership Award
- Monday, May 1 - Hart Trophy (most valuable player to his team)
- Tuesday, May 2 - Ted Lindsay Award (most outstanding player as voted by the Players)
The 2016-17 National Hockey League regular season concluded with -
- Edmonton Oilers center Connor McDavid capturing his first career Art Ross Trophy as the League’s scoring champion.
- Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby claiming his second career Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy as the NHL’s goal-scoring leader.
- Braden Holtby of the Washington Capitals winning his first career William M. Jennings Trophy as the goaltender who plays at least 25 games for the club allowing the fewest goals.