Today is one of the most exciting days of the hockey year - it's the opening of free agency! Starting at noon today, teams can throw silly amounts of money at players that may or may not be worth it, and the rest of the hockey world can grumble about it.
How to Watch FA Coverage
In USA: NHLN will be showing Sportsnet's Hockey Central Signing Season starting at 11:00am EST.
In Canada: Both Sportsnet and TSN will have coverage of free agency starting at 11:00am EST
There are plenty of rumors floating around the Sabres organization today, so here's a rundown of the players we'll be watching.
- The Sabres have been linked to Islanders winger Kyle Okposo, and the going rumor this morning is that he wants 7 years at $7 million per season. Apparently Okposo's mind is made up, and he should sign quickly.
- Yesterday, Jamie McGinn logged on to Twitter just to change his profile picture to one of him in a Sabres uniform. Cheeky hint, or just coincidence? You decide.
- This morning on WGR, Renaud Lavoie wondered if Cam Fowler wouldn't be a Sabre by the end of the day. #FowlerWatch
- Does anyone want Evander Kane? The Sabres can no longer buy him out, so it's either trade him or keep him, warts and all.
- Today is also the first day that the team can sign Jimmy Vesey. They have exclusive negotiating rights until August 15, and then Vesey becomes a free agent after that. Hopefully Jack's been talking up Buffalo during those summer league games.
There's sure to be plenty more rumors, news, and signings today, so stick around and chime in on the day's proceedings.