After a whirlwind day that saw the Buffalo Sabres trade for a starting goaltender, a top line forward, and draft a franchise cornerstone, the Sabres enter Day Two of the draft with a much better idea of how their team will look next year, and five picks still to make in Rounds 2-7.
Buffalo GM Tim Murray made some of the most aggressive moves we've seen in a long time in acquiring his new players yesterday, and with five picks and a still-pretty-full war chest, could Murray keep wheeling and dealing today? Or will he stand pat and simply use what the Sabres already have? It's Day Two of the NHL Draft.
The Buffalo Sabres hold the following picks on Day 2:
Rounds 2-7: Saturday, June 27 at 10:00 AM ET
Television: Sportsnet (Canada) and NHL Network (USA)
Follow along during the draft with SB Nation
Click the banner above during the draft to follow along with our live-updating NHL Draft Pick Tracker.
Catch up with all the Sabres moves from yesterday
- Sabres trade pick #21 to Ottawa for Robin Lehner and David Legwand
- Thoughts on Lehner from Murray and our Senators friends at Silver Seven
- Sabres acquire Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn from Colorado for Nikita Zadorov, Mikhail Grigorenko, JT Compher, pick #31
- With the #2 pick in the draft, Buffalo selects Jack Eichel
- Watch Tim Murray make the pick if you missed it yesterday
- Eichel's first media scrum as a Sabre