- Cody Hodgson continues to impress in the offensive zone, hitting a post in this period and making some very pretty passes that ultimately resulted in nothing.
- Sad to see Grigorenko on a line with John Scott
- Jhonas Enroth was very good in this period, making a few very good saves, one on an Adam Henrique breakaway, among his 11 this period. I can already hear the WGR callers who want to trade Miller.
- Enroth made another spectacular save on Clarkson, going post to post and flashing the leather. Good thing he's so rested!
- Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then, and so the Sabres score a power play goal on a nice play by Tyler Ennis to win a battle along the boards and find an impossibly open Thomas Vanek for the lead.
- This has been one of the best, if not the best, game the Buffalo defense has played all season. They're working together, clearing the crease, and I can only count one (Sekera) major gaffe that had to be bailed out by Enroth.
- Congrats to Brian Flynn, who scores his first NHL goal to give the Sabres a 2-0 lead. Flynn's goal comes off of a hard shift by the entire team, but especially from Flynn himself, who got nailed in front of the net and popped up to cash in the Hedberg rebound. This kid has been working his tail off all game, and deserves this one.
- On a Devils PP, Mike Weber blocked an Adam Henrique shot and crumpled to the ice in pain, thus not allowing him to block Henrique's rebound, which went by Enroth to cut the Sabres lead in half.
- And of course. Enroth gives up a massive rebound with 1:06 left tat goes right to Elias, who ties it. Enroth is injured on the play, Miller is in.
- Pominville rings one of the hardest slappers you'll ever see right off the pipe and it bounces straight back out. Argh.
- After a nice shift between Ennis, Vanek, and Myers, Travis Zajac slaps the stick right out of Enzo's hands and Ennis doesn't hesitate to smack him in the face with a gloved right hook. Both get penalties.
- It was the opposite of last time. Sabres lose after leading 2-0 in the third period.
Comment of the Game
The bald guy and the brunette babe on the MSG intermission just complemented Jhonas Enroth for stoning the devils on that sequence near the end of the period, then both of them identified Enroth as being one of those big goalies in vogue nowadays, calling him SIX-FOOT-FIVE….no really, they both did it.
Good broadcast prep ,gang