With no morning skate this morning, take a shot at lines seems a bit out there even for me. So instead, a few highlights heading into today's game from both sides.
- Ville Leino will make his debut in the lineup tonight for Buffalo after missing the first 27 games with a lower body injury. In his career against the Ottawa Senators, Leino has one goal and four points in nine games. Leino did finish his final five games last season with two goals and an assist.
- The Sabres are 3-4-3 in their last ten games at home against the Ottawa Senators and have already lost the first two games this season to them.
- Andrej Sekera is coming into this game with a three game point streak, four assists recorded during that time. The last time that Sekera had a point streak of over three games was February 26 - March 6, 2011. Sekera has six career points in 21 games played against the Senators.
- The Senators are 9-1-3 at home this season and 4-7-3 on the road. Both of the Senators wins against the Sabres this season have come at home. This is the first meeting between the two teams in Buffalo this season. Their next matchup is set for April 5th.
- Daniel Alfredsson leads the Senators in career points against the Sabres with 83 in 87 games played. Second on the team is Sergei Gonchar with 23 in 54 games played.