We haven't been able to type the following sentence very often this season, but the Buffalo Sabres are coming off of a well-deserved win two nights ago. The team they beat, however, is back, and looking for revenge in their home building tonight. It's a Part II showdown between the Buffalo Sabres and Ottawa Senators, tonight from the awkwardly named Canadian Tire Center in Ottawa.
The Sabres were off yesterday, so we don't have any updates as of this writing as far as tonight's lineup is concerned. However, with a win yesterday and a day off between games, I'd expect things to remain much the same, including Ryan Miller in net for Buffalo.
The Senators will be without Jared Cowen tonight, who was suspended two games for elbowing Zemgus Girgensons in the face last night even though no penalty was called on the play. Check out his suspension video, and the hit, right here.
(6-22-2) vs. (12-14-5)
Puck Drop - 7:30pm EST - Canadian Tire Centre - Ottawa, ON
TV - MSG, SNET, Bell | Radio - WGR 550-AM
SBNation Senators Blog - Silver Seven
1. Can Zemgus Girgensons continue live up to his already-too-large expectations?
2. The Sabres have been preaching compete level and consistency since Ted Nolan arrived and things are starting to produce results. Will the process continue in Ottawa?
The Sabres have looked like a different team over the past few games, now that Nolan's message and system have had time to settle in. The Sabres shot differential is one of the biggest improvements, but will that consistency follow them on the road?
Projected BUF Lines
Matt Moulson - Tyler Ennis - Zemgus Girgensons
Marcus Foligno - Steve Ott - Drew Stafford
Luke Adam - Cody Hodgson - Matt D'Agostini
John Scott- Cody McCormick - Brian Flynn
Goal: Ryan Miller
Scratches/Injuries: Leino, Weber, Grigorenko, Sulzer
- Sabres Links: Stats back Girgensons' great play, Cowen suspended, Connolly pondering retirement
- Amerks Update: Monsters, Monsters Everywhere!
- Sabres won't hire GM until 2014; add LA Kings scout Mike Futa to the list
- Sabres vs. Senators Recap: Girgensons, Miller lift Buffalo over Ottawa 2-1 in a shootout
- Rochester Americans ready for outdoor Frozen Frontier game