|(32-17-7, 71pts)||Game #57|| |
| ||@|| |
|February 6, 2010 ||Location:||Columbus, OH |
|Time:||7:00 p.m. ET ||Arena:||Nationwide Arena|
|TV:||MSG-B||SB Nation Affiliate||The Cannon|
|Season Series||BUF 0-0-0,CLB 0-0-0|
|155 (2.8)||Goals For||150 (2.5)|
|135 (2.4)||Goals Against||186 (3.2)|
|1755 (31.3)||Shots For||1729 (29.3)|
|1775 (31.7)||Shots Against||1753 (29.7)|
|41/226 - 18.1% (16)||Power Play||43/215 - 20.0% (3)|
|24/191 - 87.4% (1)||Penalty Kill||42/232 - 81.9% (13)|
Things You Should Know
- The Blue Jackets fired Head Coach Ken Hitchcock and replaced him with Claude Noel on an interim basis. Noel is 1-0-0 in his NHL career after a 2-1 win against the Dallas Stars on Thursday.
- The Sabres have not had much luck against the Blue Jackets. They are 2-6-1 all-time against their Western Conference foe. They have only one win in Columbus all time and it was not a regulation win.
- With the Jackets out of a playoff spot they could be a trade partner for many teams including the Sabres. Fredrick Modin, Raffi Torres and RJ Umberger are three players I will be watching with a potential trade in mind.
- The Jackets have not won or lost two games in a row since a three game losing streak from January 12 to January 16. They are coming off a 2-1 win on Thursday.
- Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville are both picking up their game offensively. Vanek has six goals and 14 points in his last 14 games and Pominville has 12 points in his last 10.
- A win tonight for Patrick Lalime will give him 200 in his career.
- This marks the second game of a back-to-back and that hasn't been kind to the Sabres. They are just 4-5-2 in game two of back-to-backs. They have also been swept twice this season.
Players to Watch
|2009 - Jason Pominville||56||15||26||41||8||10||6||0||1||0||167||9.0|
|2009 - Rick Nash||59||24||29||53||-11||48||7||2||3||0||206||11.7|
|2009 - Patrick Lalime||9||444||3||2||23||3.11||234||211||.902||0|
|2009 - Steve Mason||41||2236||14||18||120||3.22||1105||985||.891||2|