|(32-15-7, 71pts)||Game #55|| |
|February 3, 2010 ||Location:||Buffalo, NY |
|Time:||7:00 p.m. ET ||Arena:||HSBC Arena|
|TV:||MSG-B||SB Nation Affiliate||Silver Seven|
|Season Series||BUF 0-2-1,OTT 3-0-0|
|150 (2.8)||Goals For||153 (2.7)|
|127 (2.4)||Goals Against||154 (2.8)|
|1688 (31.3)||Shots For||1688 (31.3)|
|1710 (31.7)||Shots Against||1710 (31.7)|
|41/217 - 18.9% (13)||Power Play||29/191 - 15.2% (T-29)|
|24/181 - 86.7% (T-2)||Penalty Kill||36/215 - 83.8% (8)|
Things You Should Know
- If not for the Washington Capitals, the Ottawa Senators would be the hottest team in the NHL. The Sens come in to the game tonight with a nine game winning streak.
- The Sens have had the Sabres number for what feels like an eternity. It has been over a year since the last time the Sabres beat the Sens. A 4-2 victory on January 6, 2009.
- The Sens and Sabres will meet two more times this season but the next meeting is not until March 26, 2010.
- Sens Goalie Brian Elliot is 6-0-0 with a 1.85 GAA and a .930 sv% in six career appearances against the Sabres.
- The Sabres are 9-0-3 in their last 12 games at home and they are currently on a two game home winning streak.
Players to Watch
|2009 - Derek Roy||52||12||27||39||-1||32||5||0||5||0||134||9.0|
- 26 points in 33 career games against the Ottawa Senators.
|2009 - Jason Pominville||54||15||23||38||7||8||6||0||1||0||164||9.1|
- Leads Sabres with two goals scored in three games against the Sens this season.
|2009 - Thomas Vanek||49||17||18||35||0||22||8||0||3||0||123||13.8|
- Thomas Vanek scored two goals in each of his last two games. (2G-1A-3PTS)
- Vanek has 6G-6A-12PTS in his last 12 games.
- Vanek has had some success against Ottawa. He has 13G-11A-24PTS in 32 career games.
|2009 - Jason Spezza||34||9||14||23||-1||10||5||0||2||0||97||9.3|
- Four goals in his last four games played.
- Has 47 career points in 37 career games against the Sabres. (16G-31A-47PTS)
|2009 - Daniel Alfredsson||45||14||28||42||8||14||2||1||3||0||105||13.3|
- 74 points in 73 career games versus the Sabres. (35G-39A-74PTS)
- Two goals and three points in three games versus the Sabres this season.
|2009 - Mike Fisher||54||19||22||41||13||27||7||0||5||0||160||11.9|
- Two goals scored in his last two games.
|2009 - Ryan Miller||47||2773||29||12||97||2.10||1436||1339||.932||5|
|2009 - Brian Elliott||33||1803||17||11||75||2.50||828||753||.909||3|
Sabres Current Lines
Thomas Vanek - Derek Roy -Drew Stafford
Jochen Hecht - Tim Connolly - Jason Pominville
Clarke MacArthur - Paul Gaustad - Mike Grier
Adam Mair - Tim Kennedy - Matt Ellis
Craig Rivet - Chris Butler
Andrej Sekera - Toni Lydman
Tyler Myers - Henrik Tallinder
Senators projected Lines