|Buffalo Sabres (30-22-6)||Game # 59|| Philadelphia Flyers (30-16-9) |
| ||@|| |
|Date:||February 19, 2009 ||Location:||Philadelphia, PA |
|Time:||7:00 p.m. ET ||Arena:||Wachovia Center |
|TV:||MSG-B||SBN Affiliate/ Blogs||Broad Street Hockey|
|SPG Game||Make your pick|
Another big game for the Sabres. They haven't seen the Flyers too much this season but they will play them twice more after tonight. Buffalo currently trails the Flyers by three points so tonight is big game for the Sabres.
|2008 - Ryan Miller||49||2874||28||15||5||3||120||2.51||1468||1348||.918||5|
|2008 - Martin Biron||34||1966||17||11||5||1||94||2.87||1022||928||.908||1|
|2008 - Derek Roy||58||20||32||52||4||24||5||0||7||1||157||12.7|
|2008 - Jeff Carter||55||34||25||59||11||40||10||4||7||0||239||14.2|
- Paul Gaustad is expected back in the lineup tonight. He will play on the wing with Derek Roy and Drew Stafford.
- They play three periods in the NHL but against the Flyers you might as well play one. The Flyers have are 23-4-5 when they score first and they are 19-1-2 when they lead after one period.
- Philadelphia is 4-1-0 in their last five games...the Sabres are 2-2-1.
- Buffalo is 4-3-1 in the month of February.
- Philadelphia has the 4th best power play in the league and they are number one at home with 33 goals in 100 power plays.