|Buffalo Sabres (29-21-6)||Game # 57|| Carolina Hurricanes (27-24-5) |
| ||vs.|| |
|Date:||February 15, 2009 ||Location:||Buffalo, NY |
|Time:||6:00 p.m. ET ||Arena:|| HSBC Arena |
|TV:||MSG-B||SBN Affiliate/ Blogs|
This is the Sabres biggest game of the season up till this point. They had an emotional win on Friday night but tonight they have an opportunity for some separation between themselves and Carolina.
Probable Starting Goalies
|2008 - Ryan Miller||47||2794||27||14||5||3||117||2.51||1422||1305||.918||5|
|2008 - Cam Ward||43||2487||21||18||3||8||109||2.63||1182||1073||.908||3|
|2008 - Derek Roy||56||20||32||52||4||22||5||0||7||1||149||13.4|
|2008 - Ray Whitney||56||17||27||44||-14||20||3||0||1||2||158||10.8|
- Sabres erased their power play woes on Friday night. They scored on their first three power plays and were 3-for-6 in the game.
- The Sabres have a allowed a power play goal in their last four games and have killed only 6-of-12 in their last four games.
- Derek Roy and Jason Pominville both scored on Friday night erasing long goal-less droughts.
- Derek Roy had a goal and an assist on Friday. He has one goal and three assists in his last three games.
- Tim Connolly is on a five game point streak. He has two goals and four assists in his last five.
- Ryan Miller made 36 saves in the Sabres 3-1 victory over Carolina on January 17.
- Buffalo has won five straight against Carolina at the HSBC Arena.