|Buffalo Sabres (28-21-6)||Game # 56|| San Jose Sharks (37-7-8) |
| ||vs.|| |
|Date:||February 13, 2009 ||Location:||Buffalo, NY |
|Time:||7:30 p.m. ET ||Arena:|| HSBC Arena |
|TV:||MSG-B||SBN Affiliate/ Blogs|
|Season Series||First Meeting|
I'd be lying if I told you that I knew a lot about the San Jose Sharks. I do know they are good...scary good! Instead of making stuff up I decided to call in an expert. Mr. Plank from Fear the Fin was kind enough to help us out and teach us a little bit about the Sharks. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend you give it a look.
|2008 - Ryan Miller||46||2730||26||14||5||3||112||2.46||1387||1275||.919||5|
San Jose Sharks
|2008 - Evgeni Nabokov||40||2388||28||6||6||0||96||2.41||1070||974||.910||4|
|2008 - Derek Roy||19||31||50||4||22|
San Jose Sharks
|2008 - Joe Thornton||13||45||58||20||40|
- The loss to Ottawa on Wednesday was the Sabres first home loss of 2009.
- This is the first meeting of the season between the Sabres and Sharks. Buffalo won last year in San Jose 7-1.
- Start the chant now...REGGIE...REGGIE...REGGIE!!! Andrej Sekera is back in the lineup which means that Mike Weber gets to go back to Portland for some much needed seasoning.
- The Sabres power play was 1-for-12 on Wednesday. That increases their power play slump to 4-for-37 in their last seven games.
- Tim Connolly assisted on Ales Kotalik power play goal on Wednesday, increasing his point streak to four games. He has two goals and three assists in his last four.
- Drew Stafford and Matt Ellis are expected to be the guys parked in front of Nabakov on the power play. It's a role that Stafford is not accustomed to and Ellis doesn't usually play on the power play.
- Ryan Miller is expected to make his fourth consecutive start.
- The Sharks to Pittsburgh on Wednesday, 2-1 in a shootout.