|Buffalo Sabres (28-20-6)||Game # 55|| Ottawa Senators (18-25-8) |
| ||vs.|| |
|Date:||February 6, 2009 ||Location:||Buffalo, NY |
|Time:||7:30 p.m. ET ||Arena:|| HSBC Arena |
|TV:||MSG-B||SBN Affiliate/ Blogs|| |
As coolman856 mentioned earlier in the preview, we are doing things a little bit different now. He will write a game preview on the morning of each game and I will have the game thread up about a hour before Face-off. The Game Thread will usually consist of the starting goalies, some stats and any other game notes that are important.
|2008 - Ryan Miller||45||2671||26||13||5||3||109||2.45||1364||1255||.920||5|
|2008 - Brian Elliott||11||632||5||3||2||0||26||2.47||297||271||.912||0|
|2008 - Derek Roy||53||19||29||48||4||22||4||0||7||1||139||13.7|
|2008 - Dany Heatley||51||22||24||46||-9||60||11||0||2||0||153||14.4|
|2008 - Daniel Alfredsson||50||15||31||46||-3||16||5||0||0||0||131||11.5|
- This is the fourth meeting of the season between the Sabres and Senators. The Sens beat Buffalo 3-2 in a shootout on Saturday night.
- Tim Connolly is on a three-game point streak. He has two goals and two assists in his last three games. He also has eight goals in his last 10 games.
- Ryan Miller is expected to make his fourth consecutive start. He has two shutouts in his last four starts and has stopped 124 of the last 128 shots he has faced.
- Drew Stafford has scored six goals in his last seven games.
- Derek Roy has not scored in six consecutive games.
- Jason Pominville has been ice cold. He has not scored in 16 consecutive games.
- Sabres have the 10th ranked power play in the league but are just three for their last 20 opportunities.
- The Sabres have won five consecutive games at HSBC Arena. The last loss was December 26 against the Washington Capitals.
- Buffalo is 11-5-1 in 2009.