|Buffalo Sabres (14-7-2, 30pts)||Game # 24||Toronto Maple Leafs (6-11-7, 19pts)|
| ||@|| |
|Date:||November 30, 2009 ||Location:||Toronto, ON |
|Time:||7:00 p.m. ET ||Arena:||Air Canada Centre |
|TV:||Versus ||SBN Affiliate/ Blogs||Pension Plan Puppets|
|Season Series||BUF 1-0-0,TOR 0-1-0|
|Buffalo Sabres||Category||Toronto Maple Leafs|
|61 (2.65)||Goals For||66 (2.75)|
|55 (2.39)||Goals Against||87 (3.62)|
|742 (32.3)||Shots For||832 (34.7)|
|671 (29.2)||Shots Against||731 (30.5)|
|22/109 - 20.2% (16)||Power Play||22/96 - 22.9% (8)|
|13/84 - 84.5% (4)||Penalty Kill||26/96 - 72.9% (30)|
- The Maple Leafs Niklas Hagman has six goals in his last four games.
- Matt Stajan has a three game point streak with two goals and two assists in the three games.
- Tyler Myers had three assists on Saturday, giving him four in his last two games.
- Both teams are riding a two game winning streak into tonight's contest.
- The Maple Leafs have only scored the first goal in a game four times this season. They are 2-0-2 in those four games.
- The Sabres were obviously better than the Leafs in October but both teams have earned 13 points in 12 games during the month of November.
- The Sabres beat the Leafs 3-2 on October 30. Tim Connolly scored twice for the Sabres in the victory.
|2009 - Ryan Miller||20||1182||14||4||38||1.93||565||527||.933||2|
|2009 - Jonas Gustavsson||14||742||5||4||40||3.23||390||350||.897||0|
Sabres Current Lines
I quickly put up a post before the first game that explained the SPG Game. Unfortunately I did not do a very good job of explaining it. I will try to do a better job of explaining the game and the objective in this post. As always , if there are any questions send me an e-mail or ask in the comments.
What is the SPG Game?
"SPG" is an acronym for "Shot", "Penalty" and "Goal". The object of the game is to predict which Buffalo Sabres player will have the first shot, penalty and goal for each period.
How Does it Work?
You receive one point for every correct prediction you make. This gives you a potential for nine points in a regulation game, 12 points in an overtime game and 14 points in a shootout.
How Do I Sign Up?
The SPG Game is free to play with a special thanks to Gary Perez for building the platform that drives these statistics. You can sign up by visiting this page and creating account. After creating account you will have to visit the game page to make your selections.
There will be prizes available for the winner of each month as well as a grand prize winner at the conclusion of the regular season. The winner of the grand prize at the end of the season will win a Buffalo Sabres jersey. We will start out small by giving away a Buffalo Sabres poster to the winner of the October SPG Game.
Congrats to zaniac75 on winning the October prize of a Buffalo Sabres poster. I finally sent it out this week.
Remember that you can visit http://mobile.diebytheblade.com to visit the mobile site and you can comment from wherever you watch the game. Hope to see you here.