|(12-6-2, 26pts)||Game # 21|| |
| ||@|| |
|Date:||November 25, 2009 ||Location:||Washington, D.C. |
|Time:||7:00 p.m. ET ||Arena:||Verizon Center |
|TV:||MSG ||SBN Affiliate/ Blogs|
|Season Series||BUF 0-0-0,WSH 0-0-0|
|52 (2.60)||Goals For||83 (3.46)|
|50 (2.50)||Goals Against||71 (2.96)|
|668 (33.4)||Shots For||765 (31.9)|
|583 (29.2)||Shots Against||732 (30.5)|
|19/98 - 19.4% (18)||Power Play||22/96 - 22.9% (7)|
|13/74 - 82.4% (9)||Penalty Kill||21/94 - 77.7% (23)|
- Mike Green has a seven game point streak...he has one goal and 10 assists in his last seven games.
- Jason Pominville and Chris Butler are both on a two game point streak.
- The Sabres are 9-2-2 when scoring the first goal but they are 0-2-1 in their last three games when they score first.
- The Sabres have jumped up to 18th on the power play rankings but they have been terrible on the road with only five goals on 41 opportunities.
- The Capitals are a plus-13 when playing 5-on-5.
- The Capitals are expected to be without Milan Jurcina, Mike Knuble and Alexander Semin to name a few...the Capitals already have 84 man-games lost.
- Toni Lydman is expected to play in his 600th game tonight.
|2009 - Ryan Miller||17||1003||12||3||33||1.97||477||444||.931||2|
|2009 - Semyon Varlamov||12||681||8||1||29||2.56||346||317||.916||0|
Sabres Current Lines
I quickly put up a post before the first game that explained the SPG Game. Unfortunately I did not do a very good job of explaining it. I will try to do a better job of explaining the game and the objective in this post. As always , if there are any questions send me an e-mail or ask in the comments.
What is the SPG Game?
"SPG" is an acronym for "Shot", "Penalty" and "Goal". The object of the game is to predict which Buffalo Sabres player will have the first shot, penalty and goal for each period.
How Does it Work?
You receive one point for every correct prediction you make. This gives you a potential for nine points in a regulation game, 12 points in an overtime game and 14 points in a shootout.
How Do I Sign Up?
The SPG Game is free to play with a special thanks to Gary Perez for building the platform that drives these statistics. You can sign up by visiting this page and creating account. After creating account you will have to visit the game page to make your selections.
There will be prizes available for the winner of each month as well as a grand prize winner at the conclusion of the regular season. The winner of the grand prize at the end of the season will win a Buffalo Sabres jersey. We will start out small by giving away a Buffalo Sabres poster to the winner of the October SPG Game.
Congrats to zaniac75 on winning the October prize of a Buffalo Sabres poster. I finally sent it out this week.
Remember that you can visit http://mobile.diebytheblade.com to visit the mobile site and you can comment from wherever you watch the game. Hope to see you here.
- zaniac75 - 16
- SpikeGelato - 16
- Afino - 16
- qdloser - 15
- JSCoope - 15
- lassathrax - 13
- Kitaman27 - 11
- joano - 11
- sabresandkane - 10
- bobsheppard - 10
- Kuhls2341 - 10
- JSCoope - 10
- SpikeGelato - 9
- sabresandkane - 7
- Afino - 7
- zaniac75 - 6
- lassathrax - 6
- qdloser - 5
- clownfat - 5
- ktyczka - 4
- joano - 4