|Buffalo Sabres (12-4-1, 25pts)||Game # 18|| Florida Panthers (7-9-2, 16pts) |
| ||vs.|| |
|Date:||November 18, 2009 ||Location:||Buffalo, NY |
|Time:||7:00 p.m. ET ||Arena:||HSBC Arena |
|TV:||MSG ||SBN Affiliate/ Blogs||Litter Box Cats|
|Season Series||BUF 1-0-0, FLA 0-1-0|
|Buffalo Sabres||Category||Florida Panthers|
|46 (2.7)||Goals For||45 (2.5)|
|37 (2.2)||Goals Against||61 (3.4)|
|573 (33.7)||Shots For||516 (28.7)|
|507 (29.8)||Shots Against||640 (35.6)|
|16/85 - 18.8% (T-17)||Power Play||10/72 - 13.9% (T-26)|
|11/62 - 82.3% (9)||Penalty Kill||19/72 - 73.6% (29)|
- The Sabres begin this game with a three game winning streak that included wins against the Calgary Flames and the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Sabres are third in the league with a 1.35 5-on-5 differential, ironically they are behind the Philadelphia Flyers (1.42) and Calgary Flames (1.37) the two teams they have beaten most recently.
- Thomas Vanek is on a three game point streak with a goal and two assists in his last three games.
- Cory Stillman has two goals and an assist in his last two games.
- The Sabres beat the Florida Panthers 5-2 on October 21. Five different Sabres scored goals in the game.
- Drew Stafford will return to the lineup tonight. Toni Lydman is healthy enough to return but might be a healthy scratch because of the good defensive play of the team.
Projected Starting Goalies
|2009 - Ryan Miller||15||883||12||2||26||1.77||428||402||.939||2|
|2009 - Tomas Vokoun||15||898||5||8||42||2.81||533||491||.921||3|
Sabres Current Lines
I quickly put up a post before the first game that explained the SPG Game. Unfortunately I did not do a very good job of explaining it. I will try to do a better job of explaining the game and the objective in this post. As always , if there are any questions send me an e-mail or ask in the comments.
What is the SPG Game?
"SPG" is an acronym for "Shot", "Penalty" and "Goal". The object of the game is to predict which Buffalo Sabres player will have the first shot, penalty and goal for each period.
How Does it Work?
You receive one point for every correct prediction you make. This gives you a potential for nine points in a regulation game, 12 points in an overtime game and 14 points in a shootout.
How Do I Sign Up?
The SPG Game is free to play with a special thanks to Gary Perez for building the platform that drives these statistics. You can sign up by visiting this page and creating account. After creating account you will have to visit the game page to make your selections.
There will be prizes available for the winner of each month as well as a grand prize winner at the conclusion of the regular season. The winner of the grand prize at the end of the season will win a Buffalo Sabres jersey. We will start out small by giving away a Buffalo Sabres poster to the winner of the October SPG Game.
Congrats to zaniac75 on winning the October prize of a Buffalo Sabres poster. I will be sending that out shortly.
Remember that you can visit http://mobile.diebytheblade.com to visit the mobile site and you can comment from wherever you watch the game. Hope to see you here.