The Sabres followed up an impressive 6-0 victory on Thursday with an even more impressive 7-3 victory over the Washington Capitals. The Sabres dominated the game from the start but trailed 1-0 over half way through the game because of the goaltending of Brent Johnson. Jaroslav Spacek tied the game 1-1 on a power play goal with 5:09 remaining in the second period. The goal sparked the Sabres who went on to add three more goals before the second period was over to take a 4-1 lead in to the locker room. The Sabres out shot the Capitals 37-10 through two periods and out shot them 53-26 in the game.
The Sabres continued to make strides on the power play going 2-for-7 with the man advantage. Both power play goals came from Jaro Spacek who now has four goals on the season. Spacek struggled last season scoring only five goals on the season but seems to have turned things around in the early going of this season. Derek Roy added two goals to up his total to four goals on the season. All but five players had points for the Sabres.
The Sabres will be back in action on Monday night when they welcome the Toronto Maple Leafs into HSBC Arena. The puck will drop shortly after 7pm and will be televised nationally on Versus.
- Two goals on the power play
- Jaro Spacek scoring two goals
- 53 shots on goal for the Sabres
- Derek Roy had two goals to give him four on the season
- Brian Campbell had four assists to give him eight on the season
- Maxim Afinogenov...he was outstanding, flying all over the ice
- The play of Drew Stafford...he appeared to struggle tonight
- Letting the Capitals get back into the game in the third period
- Allowed another power play goal against