Last season Tim Connolly played only two regular season games and this season he helped the Sabres win their third game by getting a goal and two assists. Connolly assisted on the first goal of the game, a powerplay goal by Ales Kotalik. Connolly put Buffalo ahead 2-0 on a powerplay goal that was assisted by Campbell and Kotalik. Brian Campbell also added a goal and two assists for the Sabres.
The Sabres struggled in their first two games but turned things around last night in every aspect of the game. The Sabres scored three powerplay goals and also added a shorthanded goal by Jason Pominville. The Sabres came into the game with the leagues worst penalty kill but were able to kill off eight attempts by the Thrashers. The Sabres received contribution from all of their lines including a goal and an assist by Daniel Paille and two assists by Michael Ryan. The Sabres will next be in action on Saturday against the Washington Capitals in HSBC Arena.
- Tim Connolly had a goal and two assists
- Brian Campbell a goal and two assists
- Three Powerplay goals and a shorthanded goal
- Ryan Miller gets a shutout in only the third game of the season
- Sabres were 61% on faceoffs
- Sabres were the worst statistical PK in league but they managed to kill off eight Atlanta PP opportunities
- I seen Toni Lydman have a bad giveaway in front of his own net
- The uninspired play of the Atlanta Thrashers