Myers had a phone hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety today, where the punishment was dished out. Myers was assessed a two minute "Illegal Hit To The Head" minor penalty during the game, while for his part, Zubrus never left the game and was practicing with New Jersey today.
This is the second three game suspension in his career for the 6'8'' defenseman, the other one coming back in 2012 for a hit from behind on Scott Gomez, and as TBN's John Vogl writes, it's coming at a particularly bad time for Myers, who's been wearing an A on his sweater and playing very well over the past few weeks.
The big man will be eligible to return on Tuesday, January 14th when the Philadelphia Flyers come to town. Check out the suspension video below, and let us know whether or not you agree with the decision.
- 2014 World Junior Championship: Ristolainen scores Golden Goal, wins Best Defenseman award
- Sabres Links: Ristolainen scores championship winner, Myers to have hearing, Konopka debuts
- Sabres vs. Devils recap: Sabres wake up halfway through game, beat Devils 2-1
- 2014 World Junior Championship: Finland, Sweden Advance to Final
- Sabres claim Zenon Konopka off waivers