(16-17-6) vs. Winnipeg Jets (19-19-2)
Puck Drop - 8:00pm - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB
TV - MSG | Radio - WGR 550-AM
SBN Jets Blog - Arctic Ice Hockey (Please play nice if you're going to visit.)
News and Notes
- The Winnipeg Jets are just two points out of a playoff spot which would be the first for the new franchise. The team just has eight games left to leapfrog the New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils. They also have had only one above .500 record in the final eight games over the past five years, which was the 2008-09 season.
- Steve Ott is still finding the back of the net lately. He has three goals in three games and two goals in nine career games against the Jets/Thrashers.
- The Buffalo Sabres haven't won in Winnipeg since February 23, 1993. They lost both games at the MTS Centre last season including a playoff killing tilt late last season.
- The Buffalo Sabres have a 2-8-2 record against the Southeast Division this year, the only team not in the Southeast Division with a losing record.
- If you recall, the Sabres and Jets already met once this season, at the First Niagara Center, which was a 2-1 Sabres loss. Bryan Little and Andrew Ladd has the Jets goals while Jason Pominville scored the lone goal for the Sabres. These two teams will meet again in Buffalo on April 22nd.