Tonight, the Rochester Americans take on the Lake Erie Monsters in one of the AHL's two outdoor hockey games, this one better known as the Frozen Frontier. The event will be a 10-day extravaganza of outdoor hockey, kicking off with the game between the Buffalo Sabres and Colorado Avalanche's farm teams.
Here's the US and Canadian broadcast information for tonight's contest:
- Game Time: Friday, December 13, 7:00pm
- Location: Frontier Field, Rochester, NY
- Website: frozenfrontier2013.com
- TV Viewing Guide
- Time Warner Cable: TWC Sports, Channel 323 (WNY carriers only)
- DirecTV: Sportstime Ohio, Channel 662
- Dish Network: Sportstime Ohio, Channel 431
- AT&T U-Verse: Sportstime Ohio, Channel 735
- Canadian TV: Sportsnet
- Online Streaming: AHL Live (subscription required)
- Re-air: NHL Network, Saturday, 12pm (US Only)
If you're going to the game tonight, here's a few things you'll want to keep in mind. Frontier Field parking lots will open at 5pm, and cost $10, but tailgating is not permitted. If you're in to that kind of thing, the heated Labatt Blue Zone near the stadium the will have refreshments available for purchase, along with live music by The Strictly Hip. Also, because of the cold temperatures, the pipes inside the stadium will not be running, so the team is apparently providing a number of portable restrooms inside the stadium. A fireworks ceremony will be held after the game.
- Sabres Links: Cowen vocal about suspension, Feaster fired
- Amerks Update: Monsters, Monsters Everywhere!
- Sabres won't hire GM until 2014; add LA Kings scout Mike Futa to the list
- Rochester Americans ready for outdoor Frozen Frontier game
- Sabres Links: Stats back Girgensons' great play, Cowen suspended, Connolly pondering retirement