Once again a season of hockey is upon us, but it's not been a pretty sight and doesn't look it's getting better any time soon either. Unlike the Buffalo Sabres though, you have a chance to test your knowledge of the game and the teams that play it. Yes, Pick n' Mix is back again, right here on Die By The Blade. The fantasy hockey game that doesn't need cheat sheets, stats, pencils, or late night drafts. All you have to do is pick what you think your favorite team the Buffalo Sabres are going to do in any given week.
So this is how the game is played. Before the beginning of each gameweek (starting on Sundays), there will be a post similar to this one outlining the Sabres' schedule for the week.
We will need you to come up with the following picks -
1) winning team [W] (including a shootout winner) = H or V
2) goals [G] over/under in each game (O/U of 5.5 goals) = O or U
3) powerplay goals [PPG] over/under in each game (O/U of 1.5 goals) = O or U
4) penalty minutes [PIM] over/under in each game (O/U of 25 PIM) = O or U
5) scorer of the game-winning goal [GWG] (including a shootout winner)
Scoring is simple, one point for each correct answer, a max of five per game. You can submit your answers in the comments section of this post, in the form of (for example) -
H O O O Vanek
V U O O Hodgson
H O O U Girgensons
H U O O Grigorenko
It's that easy! The game will close before puckdrop of the first game of the week, so we'll need all your week's picks in before that. If you miss the first game, you have until the second game of the week to play for that week. This will be season-long, so make sure you don't miss any weeks!
Good luck, and Go Sabres!