Hockey season is back, and the fantasy hockey lovers among you can rejoice. Pick n' Mix is back again too, and we'd love to have even more people playing this year!
Here's a chance for all you hockey junkies to indulge yourself some more here at Die By The Blade. We had a pretty good turnout last season and we'll be looking to get even more participation from you folk this year. So without further ado, we present Pick n' Mix, the Sabres' version of fantasy hockey that you can play right here, with no cheatsheets, pencils or calculators needed.
So this is how the game is played. Before the beginning of each gameweek (starting on Sundays), there will be a post similar to this one outlining the Sabres' schedule for the week.
We will need you to come up with the following picks -
1) winning team [W] in each game = H or V
2) goals [G] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 5.5 goals) = O or U
3) powerplay goals [PPG] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 1.5 goals) = O or U
4) scorer of the game-winning goal [GWG] (this includes a shootout winner)
5) penalty minutes [PIM] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 20 PIM) = O or U
Scoring is simple, one point for each correct answer per game, a max of five per game. You can submit your answers in the comments section of this post, in the form of (for example) -
H O O Vanek O
V U O Hodgson U
H O O J Staal U
H U O Grigorenko O
It's that easy! The game will close before puckdrop of the first game of the week, so we'll need all your week's picks in before that. This will be season-long, so make sure you don't miss a week!