The invasion of Canada (or "America Jr.") begins today.
Here's your daily discussion thread chock full o'and NHL news, collected from around the internet for your viewing pleasure.
- The Sabres and their alumni are declaring war on Southern Ontario. The "Invade Canada Caravan" takes place on Sept 6 and 7. [Sabres.com]
- Even with a pending lockout, it's business as usual for the Buffalo Sabres. [Sabre Noise]
- Dave Davis, on the fallacy of fan backlash. [Kukla's Korner]
Around the NHL:
- If there is a lockout, here are some hockey alternatives. [THN]
- "Former NHLPA executive director Paul Kelly knows a thing or two about what it's like to deal with Gary Bettman's NHL. And he doesn't like the direction these CBA negotiations are headed." [ESPN]
- An arena in Nebraska is in danger of losing its zambonis. The first casualty of the lockout! [Puck Daddy]