Today, the NHL released its national TV schedule, and it contains a healthy dose of the Buffalo Sabres. Fifteen doses, to be exact.
Buffalo is one of the strongest national television market when it comes to hockey, so it makes sense for the NHL to feature the Sabres more than any other team except for Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Boston, who have 17 appearances each, and are also strong national markets.
Highlights of the national schedule for Buffalo fans include a post-Christmas game against the Capitals on Dec. 26, another appearance as part of the "Hockey Day in America" triple-header against Pittsburgh on Feb. 17, and the final game of the season, April 13 against Boston.
For those of you saddened by the loss of 15 doses of Rick Jeanneret, two of these fifteen games will be broadcast locally on MSG - the second game of the year against Detroit and the season finale versus Boston. All other games (except the Hockey Day In America game) will appear on the
Outdoor Life Network Versus NBC Sports Network.
Check out the full list of national games after the break, courtesy of Sabres.com.
- Oct. 16 vs. Detroit, 7:30 (NBCSN)**
- Oct. 24 vs. New Jersey, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Dec. 3 at Toronto, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Dec. 4 vs. San Jose, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Dec. 17 at Montreal, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Dec. 26 vs. Washington, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Jan. 9 vs. Boston, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Feb. 5 vs. Los Angeles, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Feb. 6 at Boston, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Feb. 17 vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30 (NBC)
- Feb. 26 at Tampa Bay, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- March 17 at Washington, 7:30 (NBC/NBCSN flex)
- March 26 at Tampa Bay, 7:30 (NBCSN)**
- April 8 at Toronto, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- April 13 vs. Boston, 7:30 (NBCSN)**
(*denotes NBC Sports Network exclusive Game of the Week)
(** game will be shown on MSG in Buffalo/Rochester market)