Here's your daily discussion thread chock full o' Buffalo Sabres and NHL news, collected from around the internet for your viewing pleasure.
I'm in charge of taking over the daily links for the next couple of days so bear with me if the links stink. It is August 24th of an offseason that hasn't had that much action.
- Eric is taking a break from hockey and that's not all that bad [3rd Man In]
- The dilemma of an AHL hockey fan with the lockout coming, all the good players from the parent club get to stay in the AHL a little longer [Black, Blue, and Gold]
- Can Shane Doan actually help the Buffalo Sabres [The Hosers]
- "We recovered last time because we have the world's greatest fans." Why Bettman's comment is the dumbest thing yet said during CBA negotiations [Globe and Mail]
- Labor negotiations will continue on Tuesday after no real progress appears to have been made in the past week [Slapshot]
- The lockout's biggest victims are the team's game night employees [Kukla's Korner]
- The effects to the Detroit area if the 2013 Winter Classic were to be cancelled [Puck Daddy]
- The Dubuque Fighting Saints are playing an exhibition game backwards, much like that one Seinfeld episode [Puck Daddy]
- The newly formed CHLPA has to make sure they understand all of the business they are going to unionize before they actually do [Behind The Net]