Unfortunately the winning team only gets one of those trophies.
Here's your daily dose of Buffalo Sabres tidbits and nitpicks, on this, the day the Stanley Cup Finals finally get under way.
- Which team should Sabres fans root for in the Finals and why? [Buffalo Wins]
- A season in review for Derek Roy. [Sabre Noise]
- The 8th Scouting Session with Jeremy White and Kris Baker focuses on American-born players. [WGR]
- The Sabres have been confirmed as having two meetings thus far with defensive prospect Cody Ceci. [Ottawa Citizen]
NHL Playoff News:
- No matter what the outcome of the Final, Martin Brodeur plans on playing again next season. [NHL.com]
- Brodeur and the long, winding road to the Cup. [Grantland]
- Kings coach Darryl Sutter is really, really superstitious. [Globe & Mail]
- The Kings [ESPN] and Devils [ESPN] by the numbers.
- Odd that the two teams bidding for Ilya Kovalchuk's services a few summers ago are now facing each other in the Finals. [TSN]
- It's American captain versus American captain for the title [NHL.com] but which captain is better? [Puck Daddy]
- Doc Emrick tops SI's media power rankings. [SI.com]
- Should penalties from the end of one playoff game carry over into the next? [Backhand Shelf]
Around the NHL:
- The Blackhawks resigned defenseman Johnny Oduya. [Puck Daddy]
- Five Senators that could be traded this offseason. [Ottawa Sun]