Note to Brayden McNabb - stop it with that hip check garbage right now.
Here is your daily dose of Buffalo Sabres news and notes to start the week, though unfortunately this week we must begin with a heavy heart. The blue and gold lost a member of their family as former first round pick Paul Cyr passed away on Saturday.
- Former Buffalo Sabre forward Paul Cyr was found dead at age 48 from a heart attack. [Sabres.com]
- Rick Jeanneret is undecided about retirement, though he did earn an honorary doctorate over the weekend from Canisius College. [BSN]
- A season review of the Sabres rookie call-ups. [Sabre Noise]
- NHL owners only have themselves to blame for a CBA that needs to be redone. [Buffalo News]
NHL Playoff News:
- The best and worst moments of this year's playoffs. [ESPN]
- How do the Kings stack up against dominant playoff teams from the past? [Backhand Shelf]
Around the NHL:
- Russia dominated Slovakia 6-2 to win the IIHF World Championship. [Puck Daddy]