The grass is always greener at Terry Pegula's house.
Here's your daily roundup of Buffalo Sabres news and notes. Remember Terry Pegula? The guy with lots of money? Just when you're done thinking about him for a little while, he goes and buys 90,000 sq feet of new grass to put outside his F'N Center.
- Terry Pegula is paying for brand new sod and trees to be planted along the waterfront outside the FNC, replacing the current "abandoned lots" that are so reminiscent of Buffalo. Sabres.com]
- The sixth Scouting Session with Jeremy White and Kris Baker looks at what will happen if the Sabres keep both first round draft picks. [WGR]
- We're getting into some serious supplemental discipline changes here. Like, dissertation-level serious. [The Hosers]
- BSN is trying to eradicate the last of the slug logo. [BSN]
NHL Playoff News:
- The Kings have been finding new ways to dominate with their NHL record 7th-straight road playoff win. [ESPN]
- Scotty Bowman knows where the defensive style that is killing the entertainment value of the NHL playoffs comes from but he doesn't know if it can be stamped out. [Globe & Mail]
- The myth of the shot blocking problem. [THN]
Around the NHL:
- The US team is off to its best start in 73 years at the IIHF World Championship. [USA Today]
- The best and worst homemade Stanley Cups. [MTV]