What can you say after the Buffalo Sabres' win last night over the Toronto Maple Leafs that will do that game justice? We saw Marcus Foligno's coming-of-age party, the rare "great 5 goals against" netminding performance from Ryan Miller, the love-hate relationship that is Alexander Sulzer, a studly game from Derek Roy, a gift from the zebras, and a never-say-die attitude from every player on the team. The Sabres still need some help, and must win two more tough games against Philly and Boston, but dang if that wasn't a fun ride last night.
- It wasn't the way they drew it up, but the Sabres got it done last night. [WGR]
- Here's how the blue and gold can still make the playoffs. [Talking Buffalo]
- The Sabres announced that they have set a new home attendance record. [Sabres.com]
- How do the expert's pre-season predictions look now? [Backhand Shelf]
- The Rangers have clinched the #1 seed in the East. [USA Today]
- Their storied history hurts the Habs and Leafs more at this point than it helps. [sportsnet.ca]
- DGB with the Montreal Canadiens GM application. [DGB]