Not even a little Troppic Thunder could save the Amerks.
The Buffalo Sabres organization as a whole is officially done with hockey this season as the Rochester Americans were bounced from the playoffs last night by the Toronto Marlies. Now it's time to see how they react.
- The Amerks were knocked out of the playoffs yesterday with a 3-0 loss to the Marlies. [Sabres.com, The Buffalo News, WGR, Let's Go Amerks!]
- A look at the free agent centers out there that the Sabres might take a look at. [Sabre Noise]
- Prospect playoff updates. [Sabres Prospects]
NHL Playoff News:
- The early exit of many playoff favorites will lead to an unpredictable offseason. [THN]
- Goaltending rules the Western Conference. [ESPN]
- Phoenix versus Nashville: first one to 10 wins. [NHL.com]
- Kevin Bieksa of the Vancouver Canucks did an entire interview as Ryan Kesler to a reporter who didn't know the difference. Highlights included saying how much better American hockey fans are than Canadian, and that Kesler's nickname is "Guzzler." [Puck Daddy]
Around the NHL: