We've completed the first week of the Pick n' Mix challenge, the new Buffalo Sabres fantasy game where all you need to play is your hockey brain. There were nine contestants in the first go-around, and our first winner is Ubiquitous, narrowly taking the prize ahead of buzzin, Frank Reich Revolution and yours truly who were tied for the lead after two games had gone.
This week promises to be a tough one for the Sabres as they return from their West Coast roadtrip, but immediately head out on the road again, this time here in the Northeast. The team will need to keep 'emptying the tank' as coach Ruff called it, to ensure their valiant fightback will not be in vain. We have four games on tap -
We will need you to make the following picks -
1) winning team [W] in each game = H or V
2) goals [G] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 5.5 goals) = O or U
3) powerplay goals [PPG] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 1.5 goals) = O or U
4) scorer of the game-winning goal [GWG] (this includes a shootout winner)
5) penalty minutes [PIM] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 20 PIM) = O or U
Scoring is simple, one point for each correct answer per game, a max of five per game. You can submit your answers in the comments section of this post, in the form of (for example) -
V O O Vanek O
H U U Hodgson U
H O U Seguin O
V O U Roy U
Get your picks in, and good luck!