Things are heating up for the Buffalo Sabres at just the right time - they looked fantastic against the Rangers and then bounced back in the last two periods against the Wild to complete a 2-for-2 weekend. Tomorrow's game at the Capitals should go a long way to determining who's in and who's not, while the Senators (unwillingly) and the Jets are also stakeholders in sealing the last two spots in the Eastern Conference playoffs.
Meanwhile it was an up-and-down week in the Pick n' Mix challenge as well, with the final result coming down to the wire - BillsFanSanDiego619 chipped in with 4pts on Saturday night's game to steal away the overall win, with bstoos, bgred105 and lgbfromoregon coming in a point behind with 13 for the week. Well played all! Here are last week's picks, and the scoring spreadsheet.
Keep it here after the jump for this week's game.
This week should be a momentous one for the Sabres, with their fate almost-certainly decided by the coming weekend. After the crucial one in Washington, the Sabres host the red-hot Penguins before traveling to Toronto on Saturday.
We will need you to make the following picks -
1) winning team [W] in each game = H or V
2) goals [G] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 5.5 goals) = O or U
3) powerplay goals [PPG] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 1.5 goals) = O or U
4) scorer of the game-winning goal [GWG] (this includes a shootout winner)
5) penalty minutes [PIM] over/under in each game (based on an O/U of 20 PIM) = O or U
Scoring is simple, one point for each correct answer per game, a max of five per game. You can submit your answers in the comments section of this post, in the form of (for example) -
H O O Semin O
H U O Foligno U
V O U Hodgson O
Don't forget to get your picks in.. remember, if you don't play, you can't win!