Meet the newest Buffalo Sabre: Cody Hodgson.
The Sabres made two deals yesterday, sending Zack Kassian and Marc-Andre Gragnani to Vancouver for promising young center Cody Hodgson and fill-in defenseman Alexander Sulzer, and shipped Paul Gaustad and a 2013 4th round pick for Nashville's 1st round pick this year. Here's all the links money can buy on the trade deadline:
- Reactions to the Sabres deals from the MSM. [Sabres.com, Buffalo News, Sabres Edge, WGR, Rochester D&C, TSN, ESPN, NHL.com, Vancouver Sun, Globe & Mail, Puck Daddy]
- Blogosphere reactions from Buffalo and Vancouver. [BSN, Sabres Hockey Central, The Willful Caboose, 3MI, Griswold Post Gazette, Disciples of the Sword, SB Nation, Nucks Misconduct, On the Forecheck]
- Here's a list of all the deadline day deals done yesterday in case you missed any. [NHL.com]
- Reactions to other trades, or lack thereof, around the league. [ESPN, National Post, SB Nation, Lighthouse Hockey, Copper and Blue, Puck Daddy, NHL.com, sportsnet.ca]
- Several teams stood pat yesterday. Was it the right move? [Toronto Globe & Mail, ESPN New York, SB Nation, The Cannon, Broad Street Hockey, Canes Country, St. Louis Game Time, The Hockey Writers]
- A collection of trade deadline "Winners and Losers" posts, and the Sabres are consensus winners. Who needs a Stanley Cup now? [NHL.com, TSN, ESPN, USA Today]