Lindy Ruff is still holding out hope that the Buffalo Sabres can still make a run for the playoffs, much like they did last year. It is possible, they are seven points out of a playoff spot with 23 games left, but they also have to leap frog six teams in the process. Besides, wouldn't we all rather compete for the lottery pick rather than the playoffs? Onto the links.
- Buffalo Sports Nation remembers the Earl of Bud [Buffalo Sports Nation]
- Do you want to become an NHL insider? The folks at On The Forecheck have a reliable system for you to follow [On The Forecheck]
- Former head of the NHLPA Paul Kelly has resigned from College Hockey Inc. [Buzzing The Net]
- The NHL becomes a meat market during the weeks leading up to the trade deadline [Sports Illustrated]
- Nashville extends general manage David Poile through the 2014-15 season [PHT]