Sabres President Ted Black sat down and had another chat with the fans on the Sabres website this afternoon and shed some new light on things that are upcoming in the Sabres season.
- The largest announcement came on the Sabres twitter before the chat started. It was a picture of the slug logo from the scoreboard on the ground. It signified that the scoreboard has finally been rid of the slug logo once and for all. If you are truly interested in the slug logos, they should go up for auction with all of the proceeds going to charity. Then came the announcement of "Slug Appreciation Day." If you have a piece of slug clothing that you bring into the Sabres Store on September 19th, the first home preseason game, you can get 41% off an equivalent piece of merchandise.
- One preseason game will be televised, the home game on September 24th against Toronto. That game can also be seen on CBC if you are able to get that.
- The Sabres will have a PUCKTOBERFEST on October 8th to highlight the start of the Sabres season. It will be a European themed party that will have the Sabres game against the Los Angeles Kings on the jumbotron along with other
- The home opener will feature a party in the plaza for everyone and it appears that for every home game there will be a party tent for the first 500 fans who show up.
- The Sabres will be retiring another number in the organization, but that player still has to retire for that to happen.
The one thing that this organization has been is forthright with the fans and chats like these help keep the doors open between the organization and the fans. Ted Black will be holding two Twitter chats on September 16th and September 21st in case you want to get one of your questions answered.