Individual play, line play, pluses, minuses, and Pierre-isims, here are a few things I learned this past Tuesday watching the Buffalo / Tampa game on
NBC Sports VS.
1. Vanek is a total BEAST. Doesn't matter how good or bad the team is playing, Vanek has stepped his game up considerably. I predicted before the season began that he would score 50 this year and it looks like he is living up to that expectation.
2. Pierre McGuire is an idiot. Perfect example: the redirected goal by by Stamkos in the 2nd. This idiot said "Looks like it just beat Miller clean." What!?!?!?!? The damn puck made a 45 degree turn, but it beat him clean?
3. Doc Emerick is clueless and still tries to re-invent the hockey vocabulary. It's not a net, it's a "cage". It's not a goal, it's a "strike". It's not a game, it's a "tilt". And let's not forget that he didn't "Break his stick" no no no, in Doc's world he had an "Equipment Malfunction which results in the otherwise useful defenceman not so useful since his piece of bonded carbon fiber pole they call a stick has taken to other activities, namely taking up real estate on the other end of the ice in two pieces".
4. Even though I don't particularity like them, Lecavalier & St. Louis are really, REALLY good.
5. Vanek - Pominville - Adam is one of the best lines I have seen in a while.
6. Lenio needs to get his ass in gear, and quick.
7. Sekera is still over-rated.
NBC's VS's coverage once again proved to be b-rate. As soon as I said to myself "Hey, their coverage looks like it's getting better" during the pre-game show, BAM, they totally put a highlight of Enroth in the middle of a Miller segment. WTF.........
9. Boyes, Adam, Regher, and Vanek looked better than average.
10. Ellis played well and held his own.
12. The locker room is still awesome.