The Boston Bruins come in as one of the hottest teams in the National Hockey League, 6-2 overall record, and they are facing a Sabres team that could be without their starting goaltender. Ryan Miller is most likely doubtful as he suffered a lower body injury over the weekend and has been nursing it the entire weekend. Jhonas Enroth has been called up by the Sabres, most likely to backup Patrick Lalime. Jason Pominville is expected to be in the lineup after missing the last nine games due to a concussion.
Notes from the Sabres
- Patrick Lalime will most likely see his second consecutive start as he is coming off the 4-0 loss to the Dallas Stars on Saturday. Lalime is 0-2 on the season, with a 4.03 GAA and .891 SV%.
- If Lalime doesn't play, it would be Enroth's second NHL start, his first coming on November 7, 2009 against the same Boston Bruins, a 4-2 loss in Boston.
- Craig Rivet will be back in the lineup as he has been a healthy scratch for the last two games.
Notes from the Bruins
- Tim Thomas has been the best goaltender bar none to start the NHL season, going 6-0 with 3 shutouts and a .50 GAA.
- The Bruins have allowed 11 goals in 8 games this season, the best defensive effort of any team thus far. The Sabres have allowed 38 goals in 12 games, second most in the Eastern Conference.
This is the first matchup of these two teams since the Bruins bounced the Sabres in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs last season. The Sabres have yet to win a game at home and need to put together a great effort to be able to match the hot team in Boston.