Another season is among us. Cant wait. 8-5 today... but lets face it... todays a lost day of productivity.
With the opener tonight I figure Ill lay out a few preditions, feel free to agree, disagree, add your own, etc...
- I think we get ATV back this year. Im expecting 40+ from Vanek, anything less I would say is a major disappointment.
- Miller will be good (duh), maybe not as good (numbers wise) as last year... but I think he puts this team on his back again and is the true "Captain" of this team. He doesnt need a 'C' on his jersey for people to know that.
- Out of Weber, Sekera and Butler... I think Sekera will get the most playing time. Im thinking this is the year he finally seperates himself from the pack. I would like to see Weber get some time... and I think by the end of the year he passes Butler on the depth chart.
- Connolly has 75+ points. 20 & 55.
- This is the year that a Deadline deal works out for us. Zubrus, Bernier, Moore, Torres... none of them worked out. This is the year we finally get help that, ya know... actually helps us.
- Top 5 PK in the league.
- No sophmore slump for Myers... he eclipses 50 points. Becomes that PP QB we've been looking for.
- We're more physical this year.
A little on the positive side, I know, but damn it... I like this team we've assembled. Keep talking about the Caps, Pens, Flyers, Devils, Boston... Let us slide under the radar. This team is going to the playoffs... I dont care about the division, sure it would be nice, but get into the top 8 and take care of business after that.
LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!
edit: When I re-read this part... "This team is going to the playoffs..." I realized I might have channeled my inner Jim Fassel. haha.